Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ahoy There Mateys (quite a sad title really)

This June Bank Holiday weekend sees the return of the Maritime Festival in Dublin's Docklands (at IFSC)!!! Hip-hip-horray!!! It was such a great day out last year.

It's not only for lovers of all things maritime, it boasts over 80 stalls selling everything from craft stalls (more great jewellery inspiration for me) to food stalls (oh check out the "Dutch Cookie Man" macaroons) and not forgetting the gardening section that was there last year! I'm drooling thinking of the delicious homemade Italian nougat wedges I chomped my way through last year, yum! - It's probably the biggest outdoor market there is in Dublin and there is nothing "car-boot-esque" about it!

While you browse/ eat your way through the stalls there are many musicians to keep your ears entertained.

It's not just about shopping and dining... The Majestic Tall Ships will be quay-side and open for visits. And I just cannot forget to mention the presence of the Irish Navy vessel the L.E. Aoife!!!

All in all it really does promise to be a great day out for all. Lets hope the good weather holds out ;)

2 comments:

Ceri Rua Designs said...

Thanks for the heads up on button sites, I've fallen for blooming felt... really pretty stuff

The Shopaholic Beader said...

No problesm, glad to be able to help!
If I come across any other that I think you might be interested in I'll be sure to send the details your way!