Friday, July 17, 2009

More Recession Fashion!

I've been wearing the above necklace for a while now and it's been getting rave reviews (€5 at a Penneys near you, or £3 in your local Primark).

It looks like the "bib" necklace is here to stay for a while yet, and seeing as how Penneys/ Primark's takings are sky rocketing through this recession I've decided to give it a go at making my own :)

Craftystylish have posted an excellent tutorial for those of you interested in having a go at making your own; "How to make a sewn necklace" produced the fab necklace above.

I'll be off to the local supply shops tomorrow to be stocking up on the organza/ felt and ribbons, and searching the sale bins in the old reliable high street stores for any disguarded kaftans etc which I will plunder for their gemstones (cheaper than buying them in trimming shops)!

The necklace above is by Ranjana Khan and retails at $1,200 - need I say more!?!?!

No comments: